- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
I've created a Google Group, but people can't post in it. How do I fix this?
Sometimes users will encounter an issue where when they post a new topic in a group, the topic is not created and automatically archived. A user may receive "New messages in this group will not be shown because archiving is disabled. Messages will be delivered via email only." shortly after attempting to post their topic.
To resolve this issue, you must enable archiving.
In order to enable archiving on your Google Group: (You must be on the group you want to fix)
- Go to Setting Icon (Gear) and select the Group Settings at the bottom
- Expand the "Information" Selection
- Click on the option "Content Control"
- Check the box to "Archive Messages to the group"
- Click the blue save button
Click on any image to view a lightbox version of this instruction set.