I can't connect to OSU Remote Desktop Services on my Windows 7 Computer.
When trying to connect to OSU Remote Desktop Services you are not allowed to connect while on a Windows 7 Computer.
The Remote Desktop Protocol 8.1 update for Windows 7 SP1 is now available for installation through Windows Update for download at the Microsoft Download Center. You will need to have upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 through Windows Update Services on your computer.
With this update, users who use Windows 7 SP1 client devices will be able to connect to Windows Server 2012 and R2 and Windows 8.1 remote computers and experience all the new features that the latest versions of these operating systems introduce, such as:
· Support for faster connection/reconnection times
· RemoteApp experience improvements
1. Can I install this update on a computer that has the RDP 8.0 update installed?
Yes, you can install the update on computers running Windows 7 SP1 that already have the RDP 8.0 update installed. You don’t need to uninstall the RDP 8.0 update to install this update.
2. Does this update introduce any new server-side improvements (i.e. virtual desktop improvements)?
No, this update only adds features to the Remote Desktop Connection client. No RDP server-side improvements (such as Windows 7 SP1 virtual machine or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Remote Desktop Session Host) are made available as part of this update.
3. Can I install the update on computers running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1?
Yes, the update can be installed on computers running Windows Server 2008 R2.
4. How do I verify that the update package has installed successfully?
Launch the Remote Desktop Connection client program from the start screen, click on the small remote desktop icon in the top-left corner of the application dialog box, and then select About. Verify that the About message says “Remote Desktop Protocol 8.1 supported.”