- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
How do I set Mailman to send an automatic response to anyone who posts to the list?
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
- Log in to your list settings (How to Login)
- Click the “Auto-responder” option
- Scroll down to the “Should Mailman send an auto-response to mailing list posters?” section
- Select “Yes” or “No”
- Customize the auto response text in the box below
- Scroll to the bottom and click the “Submit Your Changes” button