- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
How do I export my Outlook Exchange calendar to my Google calendar?
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
**If you haven't already, here is more information on how to opt in to the Google program.
If you have an Microsoft Outlook Exchange? account and would like that associated calendar to be in sync with your Google calendar, please read the following step-by-step guide.
Sync all events:
- Open up your Microsoft Outlook program
- Click on Calendar in the lower left corner
- You should see all your calendars in front of you. On the left side of the window, you should see the list of calendars and their names. Under My Calendars, right click the one you wish to add to your Google account.
- After right clicking your chosen calendar, right click, go Share > Publish This Calendar...
- A new window will pop up. Select the options for which best suit you.
- When complete, press Start Publish in the lower right corner.
- A couple of urls will show up for you to copy. Find the one that ends in .ics and copy that whole url.
- Go to Google Calendar
- When logged in to view your calendar, go find Other Calendars on the left side of the window
- After finding Other Calendars, there should be a box with a triangle in it to the right of the text. Click that box and find "Add by URL".
- A popup will show up. In this popup, you want insert the .ics URL from your Outlook here.
- Press Add Calendar below.
Export a range of events:
In your Outlook calendars,
- Select a calendar to make it the active calendar in the view.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- Type a name for the iCal file in the File name text box. This name should be something you can remember easily.
- Click More Options.
- From the Date Range list, choose the amount of calendar data to include in the iCal file, or click Specify dates to enter a custom date range.
- From the Detail list, choose the amount of detail to show the recipients. By default, the Availability only option is selected. None of the options include your items marked private unless you change the privacy option inAdvanced.
- Click OK and then click Save.
- Log onto your Google Calendar account.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Under Calendar Settings, click Import Calendar.
- Under Step 1: Select File click Browse, select the Google Calendar where you want to import your Outlook calendar.
- Under Step 2: Choose Calendar select the Google Calendar where you want to import your Outlook calendar.
- Under Step 3: Complete Import, click Import.
A summary of the calendar and its dates will be next to More Options. If all the fields are set to what you desire continue to G, otherwise go on to D.