- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
How do I export my Google calendar to Microsoft Outlook?
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
If you use an Microsoft Outlook to keep track of your online calendars, and would like to have your Google Calendar sync with it, listed below is a step-by-step guide on how to set it up.
- Go to oregonstate.edu/google and click on Google Calendar
- Log in with your ONID account
- Once logged in, expand My Calendars on the left hand side of the screen
- Hovering over the calendar labeled with your name, there should be a box with a triangle in it. Click the triangle.
- When options appear from clicking the triangle, click Calendar Settings
- Once on the settings page, scroll down to Private Address:
- In Private Address, there should be an icon labeled ICAL
- Once you click ICAL a web address for your calendar will show up. Copy this address.
- Open up your Microsoft Outlook application
- Click on Calendar in the lower left corner of the window
- Once your calendar is open, look for the Home tab up toward the top and make sure it's selected.
- After you've verified that the Home tab is open in your Outlook Calendar, select Open Calendar
- Selecting Open Calendar will provide a drop down menu of several more options, click From Internet...
- Paste the ICAL web address you copied earlier into the popup and press OK.
- A new window will popup will show asking Add this internet calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates? Click yes.
- Once you have approved the calendar by clicking yes, it will ask for some credentials. Please put in your ONID credentials and press Accept(?)