- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
How can I setup my ONID Google account in my Android device?
**If you haven't already, here is more information on how to opt in to the Google program.
The Google applications are available for download on multiple platforms. Most of the apps are available to the popular mobile operating systems, Apple iOS, and Android.
Provided below, we have a few step-by-step guides on how to set up your mobile device to use these applications on your Android operating system.
Adding your ONID Account for Googe Apps on your Android Device
- Open your App Drawer.
- Select your Settings.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Google.
- Select Existing.
- On the Sign in page, press the menu icon in the top right of the screen. If you have physical button on your device it will be the menu button that you will need to click.
- Select Browser sign-in. This will open a Terms of Service prompt. Click OK
- On the following Sign in screen enter email@example.com (note that all accounts will be @onid.oregonstate.edu as opposed to @onid.orst.edu). Leave the password field blank and tap the blue Sign in button.
- This will take you to an OSU Central Login page. Enter your ONID username and password in the fields provided and press the orange LOGIN button.
- Your device should take a few seconds to sign in to your account for the first time.
- You will be prompted to join Google+. You may press either Join Google+ or Not now if you would prefer to set up Google+ later. For help setting up Google+, reference this help document.
- After setting up your Google+ account or selecting Not now you will be taken to a Google & Location page. You may uncheck either of the boxes if you prefer and press the arrow to proceed.
- Congratulations! Your Android Device is now configured with your OSU Google account.
Setting Up Google Drive
- Unlock your Android device and open the app drawer.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Select the search icon on the top of the screen (looks like a magnifying glass), and search Google Drive.
- Select the Google Drive app from the list of applications. The developer should be listed as Google Inc.
- Once you select the Google Drive app from the list of apps you will be shown a screen with information and reviews on the software. At the top of this page is a green INSTALL icon, touch the icon to install the software.
- You will be prompted with an app permissions screen. Press Accept.
- Google Drive will download and install to your device.
- You can open the application as soon as it finishes installing.
- Press Open. You will be prompted to accept a terms of service. Press Accept.
- You will then be shown a slideshow of a few of Google Drive’s features. Scroll through the slideshow.
- You can now access Google Drive from your Android device.