- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
How can I change what my name is displayed in the OSU Google Apps?
By default Google displays your whole name exactly as it is in the directory. (http://directory.oregonstate.edu/) This is due to the OSU Directory being used as the primary directory for the OSU Google Applications (Gmail, Drive, etc)
If you would like to change this, you can do so by logging into your ONID via Gmail using the following link:
- Then selecting the settings gear from the upper right corner, and in the dropdown select "Settings".
- Next select the Accounts tab and click the "edit info" link in the Send mail as section.
- Enter the name you wish to appear with your email address into the text field, then click the Save Changes button.
Your changes should be saved, and now your name will appear as you wanted.
To change how your name is displayed across all Google apps for OSU services:
- Log into any Google apps for OSU service
- In the top right hand corner click on the profile picture
- Select "view profile"
- You should now be at the Google+ account associated with your Google Apps for OSU ONID account.
- Click on yor name displayed below your profile picture.
- Here you will be able to change how your name is is displayed.
Click on any image to view a lightbox version of this instruction set.