- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Using the OSU Online Directory with Entourage 2008
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
Configuring Entourage 2008:
- Open Entourage.
- Click on the Tools menu and choose Accounts.
- Click on Directory Service and then click on the New button.
- If the Account Setup Assistant window appears, click the Configure Account Manually button.
- Type OSU Online Directory in the Account name field.
- Type directory.oregonstate.edu in the LDAP Server field.
- Click on the Options tab and type o=orst.edu in the Search base field.
- Click the OK button.
- Close the Accounts window.
To search for an email address, click on the Address Book icon. Select Directory Services from the left menu, then select OSU Online Directory. In the top right search box, enter a name or email address and press enter. Entourage will also search the directory automatically when you type a name in the To: address when you are composing a new message.
Searches work best when you use only a person's last name, or use the format "lastname, firstname".