Android Exchange Setup
If you would like to set up your @oregonstate.edu email account to sync with your Android device, please follow the instructions below. Please remember that your device must support Microsoft Active Sync to support a full Exchange? email account. Your directions may vary as different manufacturers have different types of the Android OS.
Depending on your device manufacturer (HTC, Motorola, etc.), you may need either a valid Wi-Fi signal or a data connection (4G, 3G, Edge, etc.) before you attempt to set up your account. If a data connection is required, you will need to disconnect from Wi-Fi. You may wish to check with the hardware vendor to see which is required for setup.
- If you are on campusand need to establish a Wi-Fi connection, please note the following:
- You must register your mobile device with Maintain to connect to an OSU network.
- You can establish a secure, encrypted connection with the OSU_Secure network. This will protect you from hackers who might exploit an unencrypted connection. Click here for Wi-Fi setup instructions.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts & Sync.
- Tap the Add account button (lower right of screen).
- Tap Exchange ActiveSync (your device might instead say Corporate, ActiveSync, Microsoft Exchange, or Exchange).
- Set up the account:
- Enter your Exchange email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your Exchange password
- Tap Next
- For some users, you maysee a screen that prompts you to enter information on Domains. If you do not see it, skip to step 9. If you do see it, proceed to the next step.
- Enter your domain\username, with a backslash (\) separating the two. For example, if you are a CN customer, you will enter "CN\username". If you do not know the pertinent information above, contact your IT support person for help.
- Enter a mail server of exmail.oregonstate.edu.
- NOTE: You may need to use legacy.oregonstate.edu if your using an older client without exchange/corporate sync.
- Select Secure or SSL for security options.
- Tap Next.
- You may see a screen that asks you to select your desired sync settings and push options. After you select them, tap Next.
- You may see a screen that asks you to name the account (e.g. you could type "OSU Email").
- Tap Finish setup or Done.
- If you receive a "Remote Security Administration" warning, or a warning that "Your Exchange server requires that you enable security to continue synchronizing," tap OK to accept. You may also need to tap Activate on the "Activate Device Administrator" screen.
You are done!
Your device should now sync with the Exchange server. If you are not getting email or if the above instructions are not working for you, please call the OSU Computer Helpdesk at (541) 737-3474 and we'll help you out.
Configure Exchange on iPhone, iPad, iPod
Quick Setup Method
You can use this utility to automatically set up your account. Just navigate to this page on your device and download the file (exchange?.mobileconfig) using the button below
Quick Email Setup
Manual Setup Method
Follow directions below to set up your exchange account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Make sure that your device is connected to either Wi-Fi or a 3/4G data connection.
- Tap Settings icon on your home screen
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap on Add Account... under the Accounts heading
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange icon
- Fill in the account information fields. Example below is for CN customers:
- E-mail - Enter your exchange account e-mail address (@oregonstate.edu)
- Domain - example domain: CN
- Username - Enter your domain username
- Password - Enter your domain password
- Description - Enter a description for the account (such as OSU email)
NOTE: If you do not know the pertinent information above, please contact your Department Computer Administrator (DCA)
- Click Next
- Fill in exmail.oregonstate.edu for the server name
- Click Next.
- Turn on the features you would like to synce with your phone (Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.)
- Click Save.
- You should now be able to access your Exchange mail from your phone. If you are not sure what your server settings are, please contact your Department Computer Administrator (DCA).
Configure Exchange on Blackberry Devices
Blackberry users: A personally owned Blackberry must be associated with an Enterprise data package in order for the device to sync with OSU's Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). The device must then be entered into OSU's BES. To set up a Blackberry on the BES, please contact OSU Telecom at 3-3465. All other smartphones will need an unlimited data package for constant email communication.