Windows Live Mail
Configuring Windows Live Mail:
- Open Windows Live Mail. If this is your first time, skip to step 3.
- Click on Add e-mail account on the left side.
- Enter your E-mail Address in the form firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want Live Mail to remember your password (and not prompt you for it), check the Remember password box (and then enter your password). Otherwise, leave it unchecked. It might be helpful to leave it unchecked if you share this computer with other people.
- Enter your name into the Display Name box. This is what other people will see when they receive your mail.
- Check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types box and click Next.
- Select IMAP from the Account Type drop-down list.
- The Incoming server name is imap.onid.oregonstate.edu
- Check the This server requires a secure connection (SSL) box.
- Confirm Clear text authentication is selected from the Log on using drop-down list.
- Confirm your ONID username is in the Login ID box.
- The Outgoing mail server name is mail.oregonstate.edu
- The Outgoing mail server port is 587.
- Check the This server requires a secure connection (SSL) and My outgoing server requires authentication check.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.