Microsoft periodically releases security patches for Windows operating systems. Downloading and installing these updates will help protect your computer from viruses and threats.
1. Open Internet Explorer » Go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
If a "Security Warning" or a prompt to install software appears, confirm it is from Microsoft, and then click "Yes."
2. Click the button titled Express.
3. Wait briefly while the site scans your computer to see what updates are needed.
4. At the next screen, click the Install Updates button.
5. Any needed high-priority updates will be downloaded and installed. If you are prompted to restart after the updates have been installed, do so.