VPN Setup for Mac
iPhone/iPad Quick Setup Method
You can use this utility here to set it up automatically. Just navigate to this page on your device and download this file here (vpn.Mobileconfig)
Built-in VPN for Mac OS 10.6 and iOS
A PDF instruction sheet is available here.
- Open a supported web broswer and type in the address bar: https://sds.oregonstate.edu/
- Login using your ONID username and password.
- Accept the request to run the Java Application
- A window will appear informing you that you are connected to the OSU network. An icon will also appear in the system tray when you successfully connect. You can right-click this icon and choose disconnect or quit to end the VPN connection.
Note: The webVPN client for Mac OS does not install anything, and will have to be run again to reconnect if you quit from the connection.
Download VPN Client (Mac OS 10.5 or older)
Version: 4.9.01.0180 - release notes
- Download the latest version of the Cisco VPN client software.
- Login with your ONID username and password.
- Save the install package to your Desktop.
- Double click the file vpnclientdarwin-4.9.01.0180-universal-k9.dmg.
- Double click the mounted file vpnclientdarwin-4.9.01.0180.
- Continue to the next section.
- Double click on the icon that says Cisco VPN Client.mpkg.
- Click continue to confirm that you would like to proceed.
- Click on continue again to start the installation process.
- Click on continue again to accept the license agreement.
- Click on Agree to say that you agree with the terms.
- Then click on install to start the installation process.
- If you have a system password, you will have to type it in now.
- Click close to exit out of the installation program when it is done.
You should now be able to delete the package that you downloaded from your desktop.
Now you should be able to go to Go> Applications and find the Cisco VPN Client listed there. When you open the Client, there will be three profiles there for you to choose from. All you have to do is simply select the type of use you need it for, then enter your ONID username and password when prompted to.
Download the VPN Client for Mac OS