- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
ONID Sign-Up Instructions
- Make sure you are eligible for an ONID account. (link opens in a new window)
- Make sure that you know your OSU ID.
- Students - Your OSU ID number was emailed to you by the OSU Admissions Office after your OSU application was submitted. It was also mailed to you in your acceptance packet from OSU or was given to you in your hiring paperwork.
- Employees - Your OSU ID number is provided a number of ways. The number is located on your ID card, delivered by your supervisor or through a new hire e-mail.
- Get a piece of paper so you can write down your account information (your username, e-mail address, web site, etc).
- If you've done the above, you're ready to go
- To activate your ONID account, you need to go to:
- And click on the link Sign Up For ONID in the left hand menu.
To verify your identity by entering your:
- OSU ID Number
- Birth date
- First Name
- Last Name
- Read OSU's Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy, and click "I Agree"
- Set A Password:
- Read the instructions and create a password that meets the restrictions.
- Enter your password a second time.
- Click Set Password.
- Enter Alternate Contact Information:
- Enter your cell phone number.
- Enter an alternate email address.
- Click Submit.
- This information will be used to contact your in the event that you forget your ONID password.
- You are NOT required to enter in information if you do not want to, but it may cause resetting a forgotten password much more difficult.
- You ARE allowed to fill out only one field.
- These CAN be changed later.
- Configure Junk Email Options:
- Verify that the default options are set.
- Adjust them according to your preference.
- Click Set Spam Blocking Options.
- ONID Account Successfully Created
- Your ONID account should have been successfully created.
FAQ - Questions and Answers that you may have.
Using your ONID - Services provided for ONID users.
ONID E-mail - Read your email how you want.
Please note if you are a new student and have just registered for classes you may need to wait up to 6 hours for the registration system to update ONID before you can sign up for your ONID account. Updates occur at 2AM, 8AM, 2PM, and 8PM Pacific Time.
Your new hire paperwork must be processed by Human Resources before you are eligible for an ONID account.