Suggested Student Readings
Water Resources Engineering and Science
- Interaction between large wind farms and the atmospheric boundary layer - www.sciencdirect.com. Porte'-Agel, F., Lu, H., Wu, Y.
- Simulating the Effects of Irrigation over the United States in a Land Surface Model Based on Satellite-Derived Agricultural Data. Ozdogan et al. February 2010.
- Impacts of wind farms on land surface temperatures. Zhou, L et al. Nature Climate Change, 29 April 2012.
- Maas-Hebner, K.G., M. Harte, N. Molina, R.M. Hughes, C. Schreck, J.A. Yeakley (2015) Combining and Aggregating Environmental Data for Status and Trends Assessments: Challenges and Approaches, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 187:278
Water Resources Policy and Management
- Creswell’s Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches (4th edition)
- Yin’s Case Study Research: Design and Methods (Applied Social Research Methods) (5th edition)
- Denzin and Lincoln’s The Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research (2nd edition)
- Berg’s Qualitative Research Methods For Social Sciences (8th edition)
- Ragin’s Redesigning Social Inquiry: Fuzzy Sets and Beyond
- Creswell’s Qualitative inquiry & research design: choosing among five approaches (2nd edition)
- Yin’s Applications of Case Study Research (Applied Social Research Methods) (3rd edition)
- On Being a Scientist: Responsible Conduct in Research (2nd edition)
- Robert M. Emerson, Rachel I. Fretz and Linda L. Shaw’s Writing Ethnographic Fieldnotes
- John Lofland, David Snow, Leon Anderson and Lyn H. Lofland’s Analyzing social settings: a guide to qualitative observation and analysis
- Joseph A. Maxwell’s Qualitative research design: An interactive approach
- Robert S. Weiss’ Learning from strangers: The art and method of qualitative interview studies
- Reference that provides a nice, fairly brief overview of both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Robert A. Young and Robert H. Haveman, “Economics of Water Resources: A Survey,” Handbook of Natural Resources and Energy Economics, North-Holland, 1985.
- Hanemann, WM. 2006. The economic conception of water. In Peter P. Rogers, M. Ramon Llamas and Luis Martinez-Cortina (eds) Water Crisis: Myth or Reality Taylor & Francis, 2006.
- Toward a formal definition of water scarcity in natural-human systems. Jaeger, et al., 2013. Water Resources Research, Volume 49.
- Grafton, R. Quentin , Gary Libecap, Samuel McGlennon, Clay Landry, and Bob O’Brien, 2011. An Integrated Assessment of Water Markets: A Cross-Country Comparison. Review Environ Econ Policy.
- Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. H. Russell Bernard, 2013.