Interning with a state or federal legislator can be a life changing experience. These opportunities are open to students of any major, including natural resources, health care, engineering and more. Several offices on campus are available to assist with making an internship experience possible, and below we have outlined key resources for your convenience:
- The Alumni Association offers the National Capital Area Leadership Award to support internships in D.C. for students eager to experience life in our nation’s capital. Undergraduate students may apply for $3,500 internship scholarships during the winter, spring or summer academic quarters. You can find more information here.
- We have compiled a list of internship coordinators for Oregon’s Congressional Delegation available here. This document identifies the correct person to talk with about a Congressional internship.
- Finding housing in D.C. can be challenging. We have created a document with popular areas and estimated prices for certain housing options to give you a place to start. You can find more information on housing for students interning in Washington, D.C.
- Career services offers advice and assistance when crafting your resume and cover letters. We recommend you utilize these free services to ensure your application stands out from the crowd.
- Our Events page is periodically updated with new opportunities on campus. These include visits from legislators and their staff to discuss internship experiences.