- Apply for Aid
- What is Financial Aid and Who is Eligible
- When to Apply
- How do I Apply for Financial Aid
- Applying as a Transfer Student
- International Students and Financial Aid
- Degree Partnership Program
- Chemeketa Community College
- Clackamas Community College
- Clatsop and Oregon Coast Community Colleges
- Lane Community College
- Linn-Benton Community College
- Portland, Columbia Gorge, and Tillamook Bay Community Colleges
- Southwestern Oregon Community College
- UH-Maui College
- Umpqua Community College
- Degree Partnership Program FAQ’s
- What happens AFTER I apply?
- Review Your Award
- Explore Opportunities
- Bridge to Success
- Manage your Loans
- Private/Alternative Loans
- Federal Work Study
- Regular Student Employment
- Study Abroad Information
- Child Care Information
- U.S. Veteran's Educational Benefits
- Receive Your Funds
- Receiving Aid
- Requesting Changes
- Renewing Aid
- What happens if I Withdraw?
- Dropping Courses
- Terms & Conditions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Information for Parents
OSU is committed to recruiting and retaining motivated, diverse, and driven students. In an effort to assist with the expenses involved in a high caliber education, incoming students are automatically considered for the following scholarships based on their application for admission and completion of the scholarship portion of the application at the time of admission and prior to the February 1 deadline. In addition to the monetary award, scholarship recipients participate in the University Scholars Program, which provides opportunities for students to enhance their academic, professional personal career goals.
To be considered for scholarship selection, entering freshman and transfer students must meet minimum criteria and complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission, which includes the scholarship application.
Applicants are evaluated on their GPA, SAT or ACT scores, extracurricular and leadership activities, insight resume, strength of high school or college courses completed, and potential contribution to the educational goals of Oregon State University.
Complete applications must be submitted by February 1st for most students planning to enter school the following fall term. All scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis. Award amounts vary based on the student’s overall competitive ranking and/or financial need.
If you are participating in the Degree Partnership Program (DPP) please review OSU enrollment requirements specific to your scholarship.
Institutional Scholarships & Criteria
Offered to exceptional Oregon residents, the Presidential award is the most prestigious scholarship available. Highly competitive, the program selects entering first-year recipients each year and supports them through generous donations from private donors.
- Starting in 2011, awarded for up to $8000/year, renewable for 4 years, with 60 awards per year.
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Oregon Resident, Entering Freshman, and 3.85 GPA or 1900+ SAT/29 ACT.
Competitive scholarship offered to exceptional non-resident first-year and transfer students. Award amounts vary and are renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study with specific renewal requirements to be met by recipients.
- Award amount varies from $7000 to $4000/year, renewable for 4 years.
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Non-Resident, Entering Freshman: 3.75 GPA or 1800+ SAT/26 to 28 ACT. Transfer Students: 3.75 GPA and 36 or more college credit hours.
Academic Achievement Award
Competitive award offered to entering undergraduate first-year and transfer students aimed at recognizing & supporting high achieving Oregon students.
- Award amount varies up to $3500/year, renewable for up to 4 years
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Oregon Resident, 3.75 GPA or 1800+ SAT/26 ACT for high school OR 3.75 GPA and 36 or more college credits for transfer students.
Diversity Achievement Scholarship
Competitive award offered to entering undergraduate first-year and transfer students aimed at building upon the diversity and educational goals of the university. Evaluation of award application and financial need are also factored into selection process.
- Award amount varies up to $2000/year, renewable for up to 4 years
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Oregon Resident, 3.25 GPA and meets AT LEAST ONE of the following criteria: Member of an ethnic minority community OR Low income status based on federal guidelines OR Documented Disability.
Tuition Grant Scholarship
Competitive scholarship offered to non-resident first-year and transfer students. Awards are renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study with specific renewal requirements to be met by recipients.
- Award amount is either $3000 or $2000/year, renewable for up to 4 years.
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Non-Resident, Entering Freshman: 3.0 GPA or greater. Transfer Students: 3.0 GPA and 36 or more college credit hours.
- One time $1000 non renewable award. This is a competitive scholarship with 35 awards to incoming Freshman or Transfer students who have a parent or guardian who is an OSU Alumnus.
- Minimum Eligibility Requirements: 3.65 GPA or 1200 SAT/26 ACT.
More information about this award can be found on the OSU Alumni website.