- Apply for Aid
- What is Financial Aid and Who is Eligible
- When to Apply
- How do I Apply for Financial Aid
- Applying as a Transfer Student
- International Students and Financial Aid
- Degree Partnership Program
- Chemeketa Community College
- Clackamas Community College
- Clatsop and Oregon Coast Community Colleges
- Lane Community College
- Linn-Benton Community College
- Portland, Columbia Gorge, and Tillamook Bay Community Colleges
- Southwestern Oregon Community College
- UH-Maui College
- Umpqua Community College
- Degree Partnership Program FAQ’s
- What happens AFTER I apply?
- Review Your Award
- Explore Opportunities
- Bridge to Success
- Manage your Loans
- Private/Alternative Loans
- Federal Work Study
- Regular Student Employment
- Study Abroad Information
- Child Care Information
- U.S. Veteran's Educational Benefits
- Receive Your Funds
- Receiving Aid
- Requesting Changes
- Renewing Aid
- What happens if I Withdraw?
- Dropping Courses
- Terms & Conditions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Information for Parents
You can accept your financial aid award by submitting a signed copy of your award letter to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships or by accepting your award online through Student Online Services.
By accepting your award, you are stating that you have read, understand, and accept the Terms and Conditions of your award. As a recipient of financial aid, you must meet certain requirements to maintain financial aid eligibility. The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships reserves the right to revise a financial aid award during any time of the year if there are changes in your financial aid eligibility.
You may accept all or a portion of aid awarded to you. You are also not required to accept the maximum loan amount offered to you. To borrow a lesser amount, indicate the total amount of loan you wish to borrow for the academic year. When deciding what amount to accept, please note that your loans must be divided up equally throughout the academic year, so plan accordingly.
To accept your financial aid, go to Student Online Services. Enter your OSU ID and your GAP number, and log in. If you need assistance with this information, you can contact the CN Help Desk at 541-737-3474. You can also follow along with a training tutorial for Student Online Services, called Student Online Services Login and Menu Tour.
You can then accept, reject, or revise your Financial Aid Award through Student Online Services by completing the following steps:
- Go to Financial Aid
- Go to My Award Information
- Go to Award by Aid Year
- Select the appropriate year (ex. 2013-2014)
- Review and accept your Terms & Conditions by selecting the tab and checking accept.
- Then select the far right tab, Accept Award Offer
- Make your decisions about the aid that you want
- Click Submit when done
- Go to the www.studentloans.gov to complete any necessary Entrance Counseling or Master Promissory Notes
You can also accept the Ford Direct Parent PLUS loan online when you accept the rest of your aid. Your parents will then be notified by email that they have additional steps to complete in order to be eligible for the PLUS loan. The PLUS loan application and Master Promissory Note is available for them to complete through the Federal Student Loans website.
*Important note about Parent PLUS loan applications: The PLUS loan application will not be available for 2013-2014 until May 2013. If you attempt to apply prior to that date you will be told that OSU does not participate in the program. Rest assured, OSU DOES participate in the Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan program. Applications for parent PLUS loan requires a credit check each time the parent applies for the loan and is only valid for 120 days. Applying too early may cause delays with processing and disbursements. Students can review their file status through student online services.
You can also follow along with our Financial Aid Web Tutorial available through the Admissions website under Web Tutorials.