Property Management Policy & Procedure Manual
Section 000: Introductory Material
The Property Management Policy and Procedure Manual (PRO) provides information necessary for managing the capital assets of Oregon State University from acquisition to disposal.
Inventory Control is responsible for:
- Administration of the OSU equipment inventory system;
- Maintaining asset records for OSU;
- Ensuring that equipment accounting transactions are reconciled with updates to the asset file;
- Performing audits and approving all changes to the asset database;
- Assigning unique inventory numbers and tags for new assets;
- Coordinating and reviewing physical inventories to ensure compliance with university, state, and sponsoring organization requirements;
- Assisting university faculty and staff with equipment procedures and inventory control;
- Producing reports for departments, administration, and sponsoring organizations as needed;
- Assisting with acquisition and recording of federal excess and federal surplus property;
- Developing accountability procedures to meet federal, state, sponsor, donor, and lender requirements;
- Preparing forms for relief of accountability of federal property due to loss, damage or destruction;
- Disposing of surplus property through the Surplus Property Program and authorizing disposal of other property as appropriate
Corrections, changes, or suggestions should be communicated to the PRO manual coordinator at 541-737-4084.
In the event of an inconsistency or conflict, applicable law and the State Board of Higher Education's policies supersede University policies and University policies supersede college, department or lower unit bylaws, policies, or guidelines.
The University reserves the right to add, amend, or revoke any of the contained rules, policies, regulations, and instructions or incorporate additional ones, with or without notice, as circumstances or the good of the University community may require.
A printout of this manual and each change to this manual is created from the original text source for the online version and retained permanently as an official record at University Archives. Printouts of all revisions to online P&P manuals are similarly available.