202: Age & License Requirements
Motor Pool Policy & Procedure Manual
Section 200: Authorizations
To identify the age and license requirements of operators of Motor Pool vehicles.
All departments and personnel who use Motor Pool vehicles.
Acceptable Driver License
A regular, temporary, or commercial license that is lawful, current, and valid in the State of Oregon. It must be
- issued by the state or country where the employee actually resides,
- legal to use in the jurisdiction where the driver is driving,
- the kind or class or be endorsed as required by law for the kind of driving to be done.
Motor Pool vehicles may only be operated by drivers:
- who are 18 years of age or older,
- have an acceptable driver's license, and
- proof of auto insurance (as required by State of Oregon and any other appropriate laws, rules, and/or regulations) in their possession.
Requests for the use of Motor Pool vehicles by drivers with international licenses will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Oregon Administrative Rule 125-155-0100 Minimum Driver Requirements
MPL 201: Authorized Drivers & Passengers