- Human Resources
- Student & Temporary Employment
- Poling Finance
- MU Finance
Welcome to the
Auxiliaries and Activities Business Center
Located in the Memorial Union finance office - MU 215
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
The payroll office processes time records for pay compensation for the Oregon State University auxiliary and student fee-based units. We provided and assist with the maintenance of payroll documents for earnings and tax purposes for approximately 2500 employees each month.
EmpCenter - Time and Attendance Project
Salaried employees are now required to use EmpCenter, the new online time and leave reporting system, as of April 1st 2013. This system replaces the paper timesheet process.
I strongly encourage all salaried unclassified employees and supervisors to review the online training available at http://mytime.oregonstate.edu/empcenter-training. It’s short and provides a basic introduction to navigating the system.
A few quirky things and additional info about the training modules:
- Use “Enter My Hours” when recording leave already taken and not pre-approved. Use “My Time Off” for requesting leave in advance.
- The TAB key does not always work in the training module. If you are directed to use the TAB key and it doesn’t work, go down to the bottom left of the screen and use the Forward >| button.
- Online training available at http://mytime.oregonstate.edu/empcenter-training.
- Check out the FAQs at http://oregonstate.edu/fa/time-attendance/faq/list.
- For technical assistance, call the OSU Computer Helpdesk at 541-737-3474.
- Click HERE for the project schedule and training opportunities
New Employee Resources:
- OSU Orientation - Inside OSU
- Timesheet Resources - AABC Time Reporting Tools
- Time Reporting Dates and Deadlines - Payroll Dates
Payroll Fast Facts:
- Classified employees who are represented by the SEIU Union received a 1.45% pay increase starting January 1st 2013.
- A number of law changes went into effect in 2013.
- The payroll tax cut, which temporarily lowered the Social Security withholding tax rate on wages earned by employees in 2011 and 2012 from 6.2% to 4.2%, has expired. Accordingly, employees will see a 2-percentage-point bump in the amount of Social Security tax withheld from their paychecks from 2012 to 2013.
- An additional 0.9% Medicare surtax is withheld from wages paid to an employee in excess of $200,000 in a calendar year.
- Click here for examples of hour this could affect your paycheck.
- Bureau of Labor and Industry announces 2013 minimum wage rate will be $8.95. The new rate takes effect January 1, 2013. - BOLI Website
- The Social Security Administration has announced a 1.7% cost-of-living adjustment for 2013. Therefore the social security maximum taxable earnings will increase from $110,100 to $113,700 in 2013. - Social Security Administration Website
Other Resources and Information:
The Policy and Procedure Manuals are managed and organized online through the Policies and Procedures Manual Management Program (PPMM). The PPMM Program is a comprehensive program designed to effectively manage all aspects of the online Administrative Policy & Procedure Manuals in a professional, efficient and cost effective manner.
Payroll Expenses per employee types
- Fiscal Operations (FIS) Manual
The combined units of Business Affairs focus on effective financial management so that students, faculty and staff can focus on their participation in a compelling learning experience
As part of Business Affairs, the primary mission of Payroll is to deliver outstanding payroll services to University employees, while meeting its legal obligations.