- Human Resources
- Student & Temporary Employment
- Poling Finance
- MU Finance
Welcome to the
Auxiliaries and Activities Business Center
Located in the Memorial Union finance office - MU 215
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
The payroll office processes time records for pay compensation for the Oregon State University auxiliary and student fee-based units. We provided and assist with the maintenance of payroll documents for earnings and tax purposes for approximately 2500 employees each month.
How you record your time in EmpCenter depends on your policy profile and if the university is open or closed. For the HR policy specific to inclement weather see the Closures or Curtailment of Operations policies on the Administrative Policies page at http://oregonstate.edu/admin/hr/policies#Misc.
This Matrix will inform employees of the requiremets for leave and time reporting during weather curtailments for each employee type.
2014 Tax Law Changes:
Increase in Social security taxable wage base -
- The social security taxable wage base increased from $113,700 to $117,000.
- Only pay of $117,000 or less is taxed for social security, anything earned during a single tax year in excess of that is not taxed for social security.
- If you earn $10,000 a month you will reach this maximum in December. You will only be taxed for social security on $7,000 - the amount remaining to reach the maximum.
The earning threshold amounts on Medicare surtax on high wage earners changed -
- Employers must withhold an additional .9% in Medicare tax on those employee's who earn more than $200,000 annualy.
- Typically the employee pays 1.45% in medicare tax, high wage earners who make more than $200,000 will be taxed 2.35%