Oregon State University


Welcome to the

Auxiliaries and Activities Business Center

Payroll Division

Located in the Memorial Union finance office - MU 215 

Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm


The payroll office processes time records for pay compensation for the Oregon State University auxiliary and student fee-based units. We provided and assist with the maintenance of payroll documents for earnings and tax purposes for approximately 2500 employees each month.




University Closure:

How to report your time and leave in EmpCenter:

How you record your time in EmpCenter depends on your policy profile and if the university is open or closed.  For the HR policy specific to inclement weather see the Closures or Curtailment of Operations policies on the Administrative Policies page at http://oregonstate.edu/admin/hr/policies#Misc.


Reporting Policy Matrix:

This Matrix will inform employees of the requiremets for leave and time reporting during weather curtailments for each employee type.



2014 Tax Law Changes:

Increase in Social security taxable wage base - 

  • The social security taxable wage base increased from $113,700 to $117,000.
  • Only pay of $117,000 or less is taxed for social security, anything earned during a single tax year in excess of that is not taxed for social security.
    • If you earn $10,000 a month you will reach this maximum in December.  You will only be taxed for social security on $7,000 - the amount remaining to reach the maximum.

The earning threshold amounts on Medicare surtax on high wage earners changed -

  • Employers must withhold an additional .9% in Medicare tax on those employee's who earn more than $200,000 annualy.
  • Typically the employee pays 1.45% in medicare tax, high wage earners who make more than $200,000 will be taxed 2.35%


Contact Info

Copyright ©  2014 Oregon State University
AABC Human Resources
109 Poling Hall
Fax: 541-713-6708
AABC Poling Finance
109 Poling Hall
Fax: 541-713-6708
AABC MU Finance
215 Memorial Union
Phone: 541-737-7770
Fax: 541-737-3114
AABC Payroll
215 Memorial Union
Phone: 541-737-7770
Fax: 541-737-3114
AABC Office Hours
AABC Poling Hall: 8am - 5pm
AABC MU: 8am - 5pm