Ceremony Instructions for Master's Candidates
- Please remain in Reser Stadium throughout the ceremony.
- Always stay in the same order in which you lined up, and follow the person in front of you.
- Sit down immediately upon arriving at your seat in Reser Stadium. You don’t need to wait for your row to be filled.
- Stand when the colors are announced by a trumpet call and the rising of the platform party.
- Sit down as directed by the president.
- Stand for the singing of the national anthem.
- Stand for the recognition of degree candidates when your dean stands to present the master’s candidates to the president and to recommend the conferring of their degrees. You can put on your hood at this time.
- Sit down when dean finishes speaking and returns to her seat.
- On the signal from your marshals, each seated line should stand as a group and follow the marshals’ directions to the stage to receive your diploma case.
- A photographer will ask you to pause briefly as you receive your diploma; then you should leave the stadium as directed by the marshals.
- If you completed degree requirements before this spring term and received your diploma at that time, you will receive a diploma case during commencement, but not another diploma.
- In the event of rain, you will receive a plastic sleeve to protect your diploma.
- Remember that you and your guests are invited to the president’s reception immediately afterward at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center.
Congratulations…you made it!