Welcome to Corvallis and Oregon State University!
Commencement is a rain or shine event. Although umbrellas are not permitted in Reser Stadium, sun visors or rain ponchos are suggested. Sunscreen is also recommended.
NEWS! - Oregon State University is a SMOKE FREE CAMPUS
- The Oregon State Univeristy is a healthy SMOKE FREE campus.
- Please be aware that smoking is prohibited on all campus property.
- For additional information please visit the Smoke-Free OSU site.
Lodging and Dining in the Corvallis Area
Please see Corvallis Tourism website for lodging and dining options in the Corvallis area
Routes to Campus
- If you're traveling on Interstate 5, take Exit 228, Oregon Highway 34. Look for the signs reading, "Corvallis/Oregon State University."
Go west on Highway 34 for about 10 miles to Corvallis.
- Follow the Highway 34 signs for the bypass to Reser Stadium.
- You'll turn left at the traffic light just before you enter Corvallis.
- Download a Routes to Campus Map (PDF).
Shuttle Bus Service
- The OSU shuttle bus is accessible with stops throughout the campus and will transport guests to and from Reser Stadium. Shuttle pick-up points are marked by signs, but you can also wave at a shuttle bus, and the driver will stop for you. (link to Shuttle Schedule and map)
- Shuttle service to Reser Stadium will be discontinued from 10am - 11:30am due to the Commencement processional ceremony.
- If you're traveling on Interstate 5, take Exit 228, Oregon Highway 34. Look for the signs reading, "Corvallis/Oregon State University." Go west on Highway 34 for about 10 miles to Corvallis.
- Follow the Highway 34 signs for the bypass to Reser Stadium. You'll turn left at the traffic light just before you enter Corvallis.
- Download a Routes to Campus Map (PDF).
Parking on Campus
- Parking lots throughout the campus are open for visitor parking, unless officially designated as no parking at all times.
- ADA parking spots are reserved for cars with DMV permits, obtained from the DMV. Accessible (ADA) parking is located throughout the campus and is indicated in RED on the parking map. Additional accessible parking is available in other lots, which will be served by accessible shuttle buses. Vehicles using accessible parking spaces must display the appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) permit.
- Guests who are elderly or have mobility concerns may park in the reserved portion of the lot to the south of Reser stadium, accessible from Western Boulevard. Lots throughout campus are served by an accessible shuttle. Shuttle Schedule and Map (PDF)
- Parking is available close to Reser Stadium within a parking structure on 26th Street and Washington Avenue. Additional parking can be found in a lot along Washington Avenue between 14th and 15th Streets.
- Parking for recreational vehicles is available in the parking lot at 13th Street and Washington Avenue, in the lot south of Western Boulevard, and behind the Hilton Garden Inn and softball complex.
- Download a Parking on Campus Map (PDF).
Shuttle Bus Service
- The OSU shuttle bus is accessible and will run throughout the campus and to and from Reser Stadium. Shuttle pick-up points are marked by signs, but you can also wave at a shuttle bus, and the driver will stop for you.
- Download a Shuttle Schedule and Map (PDF).
Campus Eateries, Retail Operations and Entertainment
- Refreshments can be purchased at several Memorial Union eateries as well as on the concourse level of Reser Stadium.
General Assistance Information
- Information Booths on the main concourse level at Reser Stadium are staffed to answer questions and offer assistance.
- Download a Reser Stadium Map (PDF).
Reser Stadium Information
- In order to provide the safest campus experience possible, Oregon State University continues to employ security measures designed to reduce risks and prevent incidents. One measure established is the visual search of small bags such as purses, totes and diaper bags before entering the stadium. Therefore, guests are encouraged to arrive early and allow for additional time when entering the stadium. Please see security information for additional information regarding Reser Stadium allowable and prohibited items. Please
Stadium Access and Seating
- Guests may enter Reser Stadium through Gates A, B and C at the corner of 26th Street and Ralph Miller Drive.
- Degree candidates are seated according to diagrams under ceremony instructions for bachelor's, master's, professional and doctoral degrees. This will provide guidance to visitors who desire a good sight line to their graduate.
- Seating is on a first-come, first served basis. There are no reserved seats. Guests will be seated in the East side ONLY.
- Guests with mobility concerns or disabilities who cannot walk long distances and who will experience difficulty climbing stairs are advised to enter the stadium through gate C and choose seats in the Stadium Club or in the blue areas labeled “Special Needs Seating” on the Stadium diagram. Entrance C is closest to an elevator and escalator with easiest access to the climate-controlled seating in the Stadium Club. For more information on seating, please see the “Accommodations for Disability” section of the website.
- For all accommodations related to disability such as sign language interpreters, and other services, please contact The Office of Disability Access Services at 541-737-4098 or by email at Disability.Services@oregonstate.edu
- Alternative Seating: Guests who prefer indoor, climate controlled seating may view the captioned, televised ceremony on a large screen within the Stadium Club, located on the upper level of the stadium.
First Aid Assistance
- A first aid station is located on the main concourses near section 119.
Stroller and Item Check
- Stroller and Item check will be available near the First Aid Stations in Section 119 and in the Stadium Club on the upper level of the East Stadium. Strollers will not be allowed in the stadium seating area.
- Concession stands and coffee carts are located on the concourse.
- The OSU Bookstore will have memorabilia sales on the concourse
- An ATM is located on the south end of the concourses.
- You can order a video of the commencement ceremony on the main concourse. You can also download an order form to order a video after the ceremony.
General Information and Assistance
- Volunteers in orange tee shirts are available to answer questions and offer assistance.
- Immediately following the ceremony, President and Mrs. Ray will host a reception for new graduates and their guests at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center. All are welcome.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader to display and print the files, you can download it for free.
To receive these documents in alternate formats, contact Disability Access Services by phone at 541-737-4098.