Welcome to Corvallis and Oregon State University!
Commencement is a rain or shine event. Although umbrellas are not permitted in Reser Stadium, sun visors or rain ponchos are suggested. Sunscreen is also recommended.
** NOTE ** - Oregon State University is a SMOKE FREE CAMPUS
- Please be aware that smoking is prohibited on all campus property.
- For additional information please visit the Smoke-Free OSU site.
Lodging and Dining in the Corvallis Area
Please see Visit Corvallis website for lodging and dining options in the Corvallis area
Routes to Campus
- If you're traveling on Interstate 5, take Exit 228, Oregon Highway 34. Look for the signs reading, "Corvallis/Oregon State University."
Go west on Highway 34 for about 10 miles to Corvallis.
- Follow the Highway 34 signs for the bypass to Reser Stadium.
- You'll turn left at the traffic light just before you enter Corvallis.
- Download a Routes to Campus Map (PDF).
- PLEASE NOTE: the following roads are closed to accommodate the Processional through Campus:
- 6am – 2pm: Ralph Miller Way
- 6am – 11am: 26th Street – between Ralph Miller Way and Campus Way
- 6am – 11am: Campus Way – between 14th Street and 30th Street
- 6am – 11am: Jefferson Street between 15th and 30th
- 6am – 11am: Benton Place
- 6am – 11am: Waldo Place between Jefferson Way and Campus Way
- 6am – 11am: Memorial Place between Jefferson Way and Campus Way
- 10am – 11am: No through traffic on Washington Way
Parking on Campus
- Parking lots throughout the campus are open for visitor parking, unless officially designated as no parking at all times.
- ADA parking spots are reserved for cars with DMV permits, obtained from the DMV. Accessible (ADA) parking is located throughout the campus and is indicated in BLUE on the parking map (PDF). Additional accessible parking is available in other lots, which will be served by accessible shuttle buses. Vehicles using accessible parking spaces must display the appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) permit.
- Guests who are elderly or have mobility concerns may park in the reserved portion of the lot to the south of Reser stadium, accessible from Western Boulevard. Lots throughout campus are served by an accessible shuttle. Shuttle Schedule and Map (PDF)
- Parking is available close to Reser Stadium within a parking structure on 26th Street and Washington Avenue. Additional parking can be found in a lot along Washington Avenue between 14th and 15th Streets.
- Parking for recreational vehicles is available in the parking lot at 13th Street and Washington Avenue, in the lot south of Western Boulevard, and behind the Hilton Garden Inn and softball complex. NO overnight RV parking is allowed on campus. Overnight camping is available at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
- Download a Parking on Campus Map (PDF).
Shuttle Bus Service
- The OSU shuttle bus is accessible and will run throughout the campus and to and from Reser Stadium. Shuttle pick-up points are marked by signs, but you can also wave at a shuttle bus, and the driver will stop for you.
- Download a Shuttle Schedule and Map (PDF).
- PLEASE NOTE: The Shuttle will not be operating on26th Street between Western Blvd & Campus way 8am - 11am
Campus Eateries, Retail Operations and Entertainment
- Refreshments can be purchased at several Memorial Union eateries as well as on the concourse level and Club level of Reser Stadium.
General Assistance Information
- Information Booths on the main concourse level at Reser Stadium are staffed to answer questions and offer assistance.
- Refer to the diagrams on the Ceremony Seating information.
- The Office of the Registrar can provide a Commencement Visa Letter to international students participating in the Commencement ceremony, in order for those students and/or their family members to obtain visas from their country's US Embassy. The Commencement Visa Letter verifies the student's graduation status, ceremony date and attendance information, and a list of invited family members.
Reser Stadium Information
- In order to provide the safest campus experience possible, Oregon State University continues to employ security measures designed to reduce risks and prevent incidents. One measure established is the visual search of small bags such as purses, totes and diaper bags before entering the stadium. Therefore, guests are encouraged to arrive early and allow for additional time when entering the stadium. Please see security information for additional information regarding Reser Stadium allowable and prohibited items. Please
Stadium Access and Seating
- Guests may enter Reser Stadium through Gates A, B C and H at the corner of 26th Street and Ralph Miller Drive. (Ralph Miller Way will not have vehicle access 6am - 11am) | (26th Street will not have vehicle access 8am - 11am)
- Gates open at 9:00am
- Degree candidates are seated according to diagrams under ceremony instructions for bachelor's, master's, professional and doctoral degrees. This will provide guidance to visitors who desire a good sight line to their graduate.
- Seating is on a first-come, first served basis. There are no reserved seats. Guests will be seated in the East side ONLY.
- Guests with mobility concerns or disabilities who cannot walk long distances and who will experience difficulty climbing stairs are advised to enter the stadium through gate B or C and choose seats in the Stadium Club or in the blue areas labeled “Special Needs Seating” on the Stadium diagram. Entrance C is closest to an elevator and escalator with easiest access to the climate-controlled seating in the Stadium Club. For more information on seating, please see the “Accommodations for Disability” section of the website.
- For all accommodations related to disability such as sign language interpreters, and other services, please contact The Office of Disability Access Services at 541-737-4098 or by email at Disability.Services@oregonstate.edu
Alternative Seating: Guests who prefer indoor, climate controlled seating may view the captioned, televised ceremony on a large screen within the Stadium Club, located on the upper level of the stadium. Enter through Gate B or C and take the elevator to the Club level. If the Club level is filled to capacity, there is alternate seating available at the Alumni Center in the Elle/Burlingham Room (111A), where guests can enjoy the televised ceremony.
First Aid Assistance
- A first aid station is located on the main concourses near section 119.
Stroller and Item Check
- Stroller and Item check will be available near the First Aid Stations in Section 119 and in the Stadium Club on the upper level of the East Stadium. Strollers will not be allowed in the stadium seating area.
- Concession stands and coffee carts are located on the concourse and on Club Level
- The OSU Bookstore located across the street from the stadium will be open.
- ATMs are located in the bookstore entry area and under the portico on the north side of the Alumni Center. There are no operational ATMs in the stadium.
- You can order a video of the commencement ceremony on the main concourse. You can also download an order form to order a video after the ceremony.
- There will be photographers covering the commencement ceremony. These images will be used to promote Oregon State University and will not be used for other purposes or by outside organizations. If you have questions, please contact University Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Information and Assistance
- Volunteers in orange tee shirts are available to answer questions and offer assistance.
- President Ray invites graduates, members of their families and guests to a reception at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center Ballroom immediately following the Commencement Ceremony. This reception features light refreshments and great photo opportunities
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader to display and print the files, you can download it for free.
To receive these documents in alternate formats, contact Disability Access Services by phone at 541-737-4098.