Ceremony Instructions for Doctoral Candidates
- Please remain in Reser Stadium throughout the ceremony.
- Always stay in the same order in which you lined up, and follow the person in front of you.
- Sit down immediately upon arriving at your seat in Reser Stadium. You don’t need to wait for your row to be filled.
- Stand when the President requests everyone to stand for the posting of colors and singing of the National Anthem.
- Sit down as directed by the president.
- Stand for the singing of the alma mater.
- Stand for the recognition of degree candidates when Graduate School Dean stands to present the doctoral candidates to the president and to recommend the conferring of their degrees. You will then be hooded by your escort (professor) in the area by your seats.
- You will be hooded by your escort (if present) or a marshal. The candidate should face the stage during hooding, with the faculty escort standing behind. Once hooded please sit until the Masters & Baccalaureate degrees are presented and conferred.
- Once the Dean of the Graduate School starts the process of distributing Doctoral degrees, proceed to the stage to receive your diploma as directed by the marshals..
- Move across the stage when your name is read by the Graduate School dean and collect your diploma. Your escort will cross in front of the stage.
- A photographer will ask you to pause briefly as you receive your diploma; then you can move on to make room for the next candidate.
- If you completed degree requirements before this spring term and received your diploma at that time, you will receive a diploma case during commencement, but not another diploma.
- In the event of rain, you will receive a plastic sleeve to protect your diploma.
- Your escort will meet you after you receive your diploma,
- You may depart the stadium as directed by the marshals.
- Remember that you and your guests are invited to the President’s reception immediately afterward at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center.
Congratulations...you made it!