Ceremony Instructions for Bachelor's Candidates
- Please remain in Reser Stadium throughout the ceremony.
- Always stay in the same order in which you lined up, and follow the person in front of you.
- Sit down immediately upon arriving at your seat in Reser Stadium. You don’t need to wait for your row to be filled.
- Stand when the President requests everyone to stand for the posting of colors and singing of the National Anthem.
- Sit down as directed by the president.
- Stand for the singing of the alma mater.
- Stand for the recognition of degree candidates when your dean stands to present the graduating seniors to the president and to recommend the conferring of their degrees.
- Sit down when your dean finishes speaking and returns to his or her seat.
- Stand when the president requests the graduating seniors to rise for the conferring of baccalaureate degrees. Sit again once the president has conferred the degrees.
- On the signal from your marshals, each seated line should stand as a group and follow the marshals’ directions to the appropriate stage to receive your diploma case.
- Keep your line moving when you reach your dean and collect your diploma.
- A photographer will ask you to pause briefly as you receive your diploma; then you should leave the stadium as directed by the marshals.
- Seniors whose graduation status is questionable based upon preliminary grades obtained in May or who will graduate in the summer or fall term will not receive a diploma at commencement. Instead, they will receive a case, along with a letter explaining that final grades are needed to confirm their degree status.
- If you completed degree requirements before this spring term and received your diploma at that time, you will receive a diploma case during commencement, but not another diploma.
- In the event of rain, you will receive a plastic sleeve to protect your diploma.
- Remember that you and your guests are invited to the president’s reception immediately afterward at the CH2M HILL Alumni Center.
- Your cap and gown are yours to keep.
Congratulations…you made it!