XI. Laboratory Inspections
- The Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Officer will inspect each laboratory annually.
- The purpose of the inspection is to verify that this Plan and, if applicable, the Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Plan are being followed and to identify needed changes in procedures. The form entitled "Laboratory Inspection Checklist and Report" (Reference 2) can be used for this inspection and could be used for a self-inspection by laboratory staff.
- A written inspection report (the checklist with notations) will be provided to the Lab Supervisor/PI and maintained on file in the Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- The Lab Supervisor/PI is responsible for taking corrective action for deficiencies when indicated in the written inspection report in a timely manner and prior to the next inspection.
- Follow-up inspection will monitor correction in cases of serious deficiencies.