- EH&S Training & Services
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Confined Space Entry Program
- Construction Safety
- Fire Safety
- Noise Exposure
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respirator Program
- Shop Safety
- Lab & Research Safety
Information for Principal Investigators
What do I need to do if I
Work with Chemicals?
- Keep a Chemical Inventory (on-line)
- Prepare written Lab Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Register use of Carcinogens
- Request Waste Pickup
- Provide Chemical Use in Animals Form if applicable
Work with Biohazards or Recombinant Nucleic Acids?
- Register your project or program with the with the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC).
- If you use recombinant DNA technology, review the PI / Lab training for the NIH Guidelines.
- Familiarize yourself with the CDC Publication Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories which describes the requirements for the biosafety levels.
- Attend Laboratory Biosafety Training (for BSL-2 workers and those who use human source biological materials). Course information is here.
- Additional information on OSU's biosafety program can be found here.
Work with Radioisotopes or a Radiation-emitting machine?
- Obtain a Radiation Use Authorization
- Complete and maintain related training requirements
- Complete the required semi-annual inventory report
- Read the Radiation Safety Manual
Have a Lab?
Work with Lasers?
- Audit your lab
- Read the Laser Safety Manual
- Complete the Laser Registration
- Fill out Laser System Data Sheet (to gather data for registration)