- Facilities Services Home
- EH&S Training & Services
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Research Safety
III. Laboratory CHP
- The OSU Chemical Hygiene Plan (this document) provides guidelines and a number of specific procedures relevant for all laboratories. However, each laboratory may wish to identify specific requirements for their labs. To do so, a laboratory must prepare a Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- A Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Plan is to be developed to respond to and document unique lab needs and procedures and may be required or optional. It must be in written form, kept on file in the laboratory, as Reference 1 of the OSU Chemical Hygiene Plan, and must be approved by the Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Officer.
- A Laboratory Chemical Hygiene Plan is required in labs where hazardous procedures are identified. This would involve the use of particularly hazardous substances, select carcinogens, reproductive toxins, or substances that cause a high degree of acute toxicity.
- Copies of the OSU Chemical Hygiene Plan, references, Safety Instructions, and OR-OSHA standards can be obtained from EH&S. Most are available on this web site.