- Student Media
- Beaver Yearbook
Apply to the Committee
Apply to be a Member of the Student Media Committee!
The USMC encourages faculty and students from across campus to apply. Applications are available and can be turned in at 118 Snell Hall.
For more details on the roles and responsibilities of faculty and student voting members, see the Committee's Operating Policies and Guidelines.
Standards for serving on the committee will focus on understanding of cultural diversity, past media experience, knowledge of the definitions of free speech and a strong commitment for attending monthly meetings.
Faculty voting members serve three-year terms.
The faculty voting members volunteer and are appointed by the Vice Provost.
Student voting members serve one-year terms.
To apply for the University Student Media Committee, students must:
- Turn in a signed and completed General Activities Application (click to download and print pdf) to 118 Snell Hall. Applications are also available at 118 Snell Hall.
- Be in good academic standing with the unversity (see Student Eligibility below).
- Be interviewed by the ex-officio non-voting student members.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above as an undergraduate or 3.0 or abov as a graduate student.
- Not be on disciplinary probation.
- Be a regularly admitted OSU student.
- Be currently enrolled for at least six credits at OSU.