Task Force on Scholarly Communication
November 23, 2004, Agenda
- COAS Admin. Bldg. Seminar Room
Draft Agenda for November 23.
- Review of Charge to the Task Force
Discussion of Background Materials.
- Library Committee Report (13 May 2004)
- Create Change brochure
- Open Access brochure
- "Scientific Publications: Free for all?"
- (House of Commons Science and Technology Committee Report)
Discussion of proposed NIH initiative to require open access for NIH supported research.
- (Opposed by most publishers and some or many societies.)
- Abstracts for Blackwell's Publishing Seminar (December 2005)
Development of a strategy for completing the Task Forces Charges.
- Determine practices impeding an open and sustainable system of communication.
- Determine actions that the OSU community can take.
- Determine which actions are likely to have the greatest impact.
- Propose a framework for communicating these to the OSU faculty.
- Set date for next meeting.