FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
- Thursday, February 9, 2012
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Construction & Engineering Hall
LaSells Stewart Center
The agenda for the February Senate meeting will include the reports and other items of business listed below.
- ACTION ITEM
- Promotion and Tenure Revisions
Michelle Kutzler, Promotion & Tenure Committee chair, will present proposed revisions to the Promotion and Tenure
Guidelines. These revisions were initially discussed at the January Faculty Senate meeting.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Research Council
Ricardo Letelier, Research Council Chair, will provide a brief report of the committee’s activities.
- Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee
Dave Berger, Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee Chair, will provide a brief report of the committee’s activities and current
solicitation for award nominees.
- Student Evaluation of Teaching Task Force
Deb Pence, chair, and Bill Loges, member, will provide an update on the progress of the task force.
- INFORMATION ITEMS
- Awards Solicitation
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the awards listed below; information regarding these awards is
online; nominations will be accepted through April 6, 2012. For further
information, contact Vickie Nunnemaker.
- Richard M. Bressler Senior Faculty Teaching Award
- International Service Award
- D. Curtis Mumford Faculty Service Award
- OSU Academic Advising Award
- OSU Alumni Association Distinguished Professor Award
- OSU Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- OSU Impact Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- OSU Professional Faculty Excellence Award
- Outstanding Faculty Research Assistant Award
- Promising Scholar Award
- Dar Reese Excellence in Advising Award
- Elizabeth P. Ritchie Distinguished Professor Award
- Student Learning and Success Teamwork Award
- Diversity and Higher Education Lecture
The President’s Commission on the Status of Women (PCOSW) and the Office of Equity and Inclusion have collaborated to bring
Daryl Smith, professor at Claremont, to present practical
and meaningful approaches to integrating diversity into the fabric of higher education. Her work presents an informed framework for considering
diversity in terms of the context of individual institutions. The free lecture will take place February 16th, 7:00 – 8:30 PM in Room 155 of the
International Living-Learning Center. Become part of our own yearlong visioning process, and see where it takes your thinking!
- Category I Approval
The campus community should take appropriate action to update their records to reflect approval of the following OSU Category I
proposal on February 2, 2012 and will be available fall quarter, 2012.
- Master of Business Administration and Accountancy (MBAA). This graduate degree program at Oregon State University has been designed to create a seamless and integrated program that will allow accounting students to receive an undergraduate degree and a master’s degree during their five years of university study required to become a CPA. The MBAA is unique among Oregon Colleges and Universities.
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
Becky Warner, Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs
- REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
President Kate Hunter-Zaworski
- NEW BUSINESS
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas