FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
A. ELECTION RESULTS
- Thursday, December 6, 2012
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- LaSells Stewart Center
Construction & Engineering Hall
B. REPORT FROM THE OUS CHANCELLOR
- President Kate Hunter-Zaworski will announce the results of the President-Elect, Interinstitutional Faculty Senate and Executive Committee elections.
C. ACTION ITEM
- OUS Chancellor George Pernsteiner
D. SPECIAL REPORTS
- Executive Committee Run-off Election
If necessary, a run-off ballot will be distributed during the meeting to determine a tie for Executive Committee. See attached
biographical sketches for the Executive Committee candidates. Voting will take place during the
meeting by Senators, proxies, and ex-officio members only. Continuing Executive Committee members and their apportionment units are: Donna Champeau, Public
Health & Human Sciences; Peg Herring, Agricultural Sciences; and Janet Nishihara, Associated Faculty.
E. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE REPORT
- Background Check Policy
Becca Gose, Associate General Counsel, will present an update on the revised background check policy for OSU employees and volunteers.
- Time and Attendance Reporting
Aaron Howell, Assistant Vice President and Controller, and David Blake, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources, will outline the new Time
and Attendance Reporting process.
- City of Corvallis-OSU Collaboration Project Update
Steve Clark, Vice President for University Relations and Marketing, will present an update of the City of Corvallis-OSU Collaboration Project activities.
F. INTERINSTITUTIONAL FACULTY SENATE REPORT
- Jon Dorbolo, Faculty Senate Executive Committee Member, will report on recent Executive Committee activities.
G. INFORMATION ITEMS
- Bob Mason, Senior OSU IFS Senator and IFS President, will report on the November Interinstitutional Faculty Senate meeting.
H. REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
- New Senator Orientation
The New Senator Orientation will be held January 10. If you are a continuing Senator, but were not able to attend the orientation when you were elected,
please contact Vickie Nunnemaker if you would like to attend the upcoming session.
- 2013 Faculty Senate Meetings
Please reserve the following dates for Faculty Senate meetings for the remainder of the academic year; check your monthly agenda to determine the
location. All meetings are scheduled to begin at 3:00 PM:
January 10, February 14, March 14, April 11, May 9 and June 13.
- Faculty Senate Retirements and 1039-Hour Appointments Faculty Senators whose terms extend beyond December 31, but who are retiring at the end of fall term, are
no longer eligible to serve as a Senator. If you fall into this category, please contact Vickie Nunnemaker so a replacement
can be identified to complete the remainder of your term.
Faculty whose Senate committee/council terms extend beyond December 31, and are either retiring at the end of fall term or whose 1039-hour appointments end fall
term, are no longer eligible to continue serving. If you are not filling a specified emeritus/retired position on the committee/council on which you serve, or
if you are unsure, please contact the Faculty Senate Office so a determination may be made and/or a replacement identified.
I. REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
- Becky Warner, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
J. NEW BUSINESS
- President Kate Hunter-Zaworski
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas