Note: Simply clicking "Print" in your browser will result in a "Printer Friendly" version of the agenda.
FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
- Thursday, December 11, 2008
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Construction & Engineering Hall
- LaSells Stewart Center
The agenda for the December Senate meeting will include the reports and other
items of business listed below.
President Lynda Ciuffetti will announce the results of the President-Elect and Interinstitutional Faculty Senate election.
- Executive Committee Election
See attached biographical sketches for the Executive Committee candidates. Voting will take place during the meeting by Senators, proxies, and ex-officio members only. Three people will be elected for two-year terms beginning January 2009. Continuing EC members and their apportionment units are: Stan Gregory, Agricultural Sciences; Carol Mallory-Smith, Agricultural Sciences; and Deb Pence, Engineering. Joining the EC is the senior Interinstitutional Faculty Senator, Joanne Sorte from Health and Human Sciences.
- Strategic Plan Revisions
Provost Sabah Randhawa will present revisions to the 2004 Strategic Plan that refine focus and define strategies for the next five years.
- Executive Committee Election Results
President Ciuffetti will announce the results of the Executive Committee election.
- Proposed Parking Permit Increases
Vincent Martorello, Facilities Services Director, will present information regarding proposed parking permit increases. Attachments:
INTERINSTITUTIONAL FACULTY SENATE REPORT
Kate Hunter-Zaworski, Senior IFS Senator, will recap the December IFS meeting.
- New Senator Orientation
The New Senator Orientation will be held January 8. If you are a continuing Senator, but were not able to attend the orientation when you were elected, please contact Vickie Nunnemaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to attend the upcoming session.
- 2009 Faculty Senate Meetings
Please reserve the following dates for Faculty Senate meetings for the remainder of the academic year; check your monthly agenda to determine the location. All meetings are scheduled to begin at 3:00 PM:
January 8, February 12, March 12, April 9, May 14, and June 11.
- Awards Solicitation
The Faculty Recognition and Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the below awards; for further information, contact Vickie Nunnemaker at email@example.com.
- OSU Honorary Doctorate Award – This award recognizes individuals who have distinguished themselves in their selected areas of endeavor and are recognized for their eminence as national and international leaders and models. Criteria and nomination information is available online at http://oregonstate.edu/dept/senate/awards/nom/hd/. Nominations are due December 18, 2008.
- OSU Distinguished Service Award – This award recognizes individuals or organizations who have made exceptional contributions or who have rendered unusual service to society. Criteria and nomination information is available online at http://oregonstate.edu/senate/awards/nom/dsa/. Nominations are due December 18, 2008.
- Information regarding the below awards is online at http://oregonstate.edu/senate/awards/nom/; nominations will be accepted through February 27, 2009:
- Richard M. Bressler Senior Faculty Teaching Award
- International Service Award
- D. Curtis Mumford Faculty Service Award
- OSU Academic Advising Award
- OSU Alumni Association Distinguished Professor Award
- OSU Extended Education Faculty Achievement Award
- OSU Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- OSU Professional Faculty Excellence Award
- Outstanding Faculty Research Assistant Award
- Dar Reese Excellence in Advising Award
- Elizabeth P. Ritchie Distinguished Professor Award
- Student Learning and Success Teamwork Award
REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
President Lynda Ciuffetti
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas.