Being a Secretary/Treasurer has taught me to pay attention to even the smallest details
Do you think you have what it takes to be a Sec/Treas?
Officially the Secretary/Treasurer responsibilities are
- Responsible for the RHA’s financial records and accounts subject to the approval of the President’s Council.
- Provide the President’s Council and Executive Council with an income/expense sheet the first week of every month excluding July, August, and September.
- Must provide each HC with written or electronic notification of missed President’s Council or GA meetings and RHA events and appropriate charges.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining and updating the RHA’s e-mail list serves.
- Provide the RHA President and Advisor with a copy of the preceding month’s expenditures at the first of each month.
- Keep all accounts up to date.
- Reconcile the RHA expenditure and income records monthly with account listings from the Memorial Union Business Office.
- Keep all necessary receipts.
- See all branches of the RHA stay within their approved budgets.
- Update the Memorandum of Understanding between the RHA and UHDS in regards to the RHA Executive Officer compensation.
- Provide training throughout the year for hall Treasurers and Presidents in setting up and understanding their hall accounts.
- Form a budget committee consisting of the Executive Council members and at least two representatives from each President’s Council and General Assembly.
- Assist the Executive Council in setting up budgets for all activities of the RHA.
- Maintain an accurate record of all proceedings at meetings of the RHA, and make those records available in an electronic format to a list of individuals as decided by the RHA Executive Council, before the next meeting those minutes were taken from.