Being President has given me so many opportunities to grow and learn how I can impact the OSU community
Do you think you might be Presidential material?
- Do you like talking in front of people?
- Does the thought of taking trips across the country to represent OSU excite you?
- Are you a Parli Pro Pro?
- Are you able to balance work with academics effectively?
- Do you have a natural background in student leadership?
- Do you have visionary ideas for groups?
- Are you the one in a group project that has the most ideas?
- Do you like business attire?
Officially the President responsibilities are
- Is Chief Executive of the RHA with ultimate responsibility for all of its activities and duties.
- Responsible for the training of newly elected Hall Councils and Presidents.
- Preside over President’s Council and General Assembly meetings:
- Act as a liaison officer between the RHA and UHDS, ASOSU and other organizations
- Responsible for coordinating a Student – RHA/UHDS Administration open forum a minimum of once per year.
- Supervise preparation of the RHA budget
- Coordinate the revision of the RHA Constitution for approval by the President’s Council during the first four weeks of Spring term.
- See that all members of the RHA follow the guidelines set by the RHA Constitution and the PC’s stated policies.
- Responsible for the creation of documents for the use in publicity to be used as needed (such as for the UHDS Policy Guide).
- Shall welcome students at Convocation.
- Ultimately responsible for all of the hall governments and their actions, while assisting in the coordination and development of the Residence Hall governments.