O S U... A T H L E T I C...
D E P A R T M E N T
State University Cheerleading & Dance
Assistant Coach Job Description
[Posted: 2 April 2014]
- Attend all practices, Volleyball Games, Women's Basketball Games and Football Games.
- Have schedule flexibility to cover additional events in Corvallis at short notice
- Be responsible for distributing and collecting team uniforms and gear
- Travel to camps, events and post-season play when requested
- Attend daily doubles practices in August and September (roughly 6 hours/ day for four weeks)
- Be available for games & events over academic breaks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break)
- Choreograph and teach routines to team
- Meet weekly with head coach and team captains
- Direct members in all program skills (Dancing, Tumbling, Cheering, Stunting)
- Enforce the rules of the squad, including those regarding tardiness, missed practices and/or games, unsportsmanship or unladylike conduct.
- Plan team-building, morale-building activities for the squad.
- Adhere to rules and guidelines set forth by the Cheerleading & Dance Program and the OSU Athletic Department.
- Assist the Head Coach in all program matters.
- Commit an average of 12 hours/ week (this is a high flex schedule)
- At least two years of Cheerleading or Dance Experience
- Requires excellent communication, managerial, and planning skills
- AACCA Certification
- The Assistant Cheerleading & Dance Coach is part of the Athletic Department and reports directly to the Head OSU Cheerleading & Dance Coach
- $5,000 stipend for July 1, 2014 through July 1, 2015
- Please e-mail resume and short statement of interest to email@example.com no later than Friday,