OSU students, staff and faculty who decide to take Corvallis Transit to work on Nov. 1 in order to avoid game day parking issues will get a nice treat in return. People who are dropped off or picked up on campus Friday will receive a coupon for an item of their choice, either $1 off a Dutch Bros or $1 off coffee at Bites, or free bench seating to any 2013 home non-conference Beaver men’s basketball game.
A rare weekday home football game against the University of Southern California takes place beginning at 6 p.m.
Employees are encouraged to find alternative transportation to work that day, or to park very strategically, as some lots will be restricted to those with game day passes only. Department heads and directors are encouraged to be more flexible with employees due to potential problems with the morning commute that day.
A free shuttle to and from campus will be offered to anyone who parks at the Benton County Fairgrounds from noon to 5 p.m.
Beginning at 7 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 1, some parking lots will be open only to those with athletics-issued game-day parking passes. These include:
- All Reser Stadium parking lots;
- The parking garage at 26th Street and Washington Way (except for the fifth level, which will remain available for resident student parking);
- The gravel parking lot behind the Softball Complex and the Hilton Garden Inn;
- South Farm parking lot off Brooklane Road.
Other parking areas (listed below) will be available until 1 p.m. for regular faculty/staff business day parking. After 1 p.m., however, entrance to these areas will be limited only to people with athletics-issued game-day parking permits. Employee and student vehicles already parked in these lots may remain until 5 p.m., at which time all vehicles without athletics-issued passes must vacate. Signs will be posted at the entrance of these lots. These include:
- Lots between 15th Street and 11th Street, off Washington Way;
- The Benton Place parking lots east of Goss Stadium;
- Lots off Washington Way adjacent to the Student Legacy Park (intramural fields);
- The 30th Street parking lots around Peavy Hall, between Jefferson Street and Washington Way;
- The 30th Street parking lot by Magruder Hall;
- The 35th Street parking lot at the OSU Foundation building;
- The lot off 15th Street and Western Boulevard at the University Plaza building;
- For RVs: The gravel parking lot at 30th Street and Campus Way next to the Motor Pool.
All other Faculty/Staff parking lots that are designated as “Athletics Event” parking on game days are available for regular business-day parking, OSU officials say. However, employees are encouraged to vacate these lots by 5 p.m.
RV’s are only allowed after 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31, in the gravel lot off 35th and Campus Way, next to the Motor Pool. Employees and students who normally park in this location, should give themselves extra time Friday morning to locate a parking space as many may be filled with recreational vehicles. RV’s are not permitted on campus in any other lot.
A map is available to help visitors, students and employees better understand designated lots. It is available online at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonstateuniversity/10275103273/
The Corvallis Transit System map is accessible at: http://www.corvallisoregon.gov/index.aspx?page=884