The Research Office is pleased to announce the following proposals have been selected for funding for the Faculty Release Time (FRT) 2010-11 Winter (Spring release) solicitation.
• Boudraa, Nabil (School of Language, Society and Culture, College of Liberal Arts): “Writing the Natural World in French and Francophone Literatures”
• Gibson, Nathan (Dept. of Mathematics, College of Science): “Numerical Methods for Random and Stochastic Differential Equations with Applications to Mathematical Biology”
• Kingston, Deanna (Dept. of Anthropology, College of Arts and Sciences): “Iñupiaq Ecological Knowledges and Geographic Information Sciences”
The Research Office is pleased to announce the awards for the Undergraduate Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Creativity (URISC) 2010-11 Winter/Spring solicitation.
The following proposals have been selected for funding:
• McClanahan, Danielle [Major: Bioengineering] (Faculty Project Advisor: Adam Higgins, School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering): “Determination of Adherent Neural Cell Cryoprotectant Toxicity and Application to Vitrification”
• Nguyen, Maria [Major: Biochemistry and Biophysics] (Faculty Project Advisor: Jeffrey Greenwood, Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics): “Calpain-2 Regulation of Akt”
• Ping, Sita [Major: Biology] (Faculty Project Advisor: Dee Denver, Dept. of Zoology): “Evolution of Mitochondrial Genome Architecture in Nematodes”
• Psiropoulos, Jeremiah [Major: Fisheries and Wildlife Science] (Faculty Project Advisor: David Noakes, Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife): “Defense Morphology of Three-Spined Stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) after a Largemouth Bass Invasion”
• Quandt, Dustin [Major: Environmental Science (Terrestrial Ecosystems)] (Faculty Project Advisor: Barbara Bond, Dept. of Forest Ecosystems and Society): “DOC Loss through Soil in a Small Watershed within HJ Andrews Experimental Research Forest”
• Raines, Hannah [Major: Biochemistry/Biophysics and Spanish] (Faculty Project Advisor: Maret Traber, Linus Pauling Institute): “Vitamin E as a Potentiator of Vitamin K Inadequacy”
• Shen, Connie [Major: Biology] (Faculty Project Advisor: Theresa Filtz, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences): “Modification of Bc11 1b, a Tumor Repressor, in a Pre-Leukemic Cell Line”