The long term goals of our nuclear chemistry research group are:
· Searching for new phenomena at the limits of nuclear stability.
· Studying the dynamics and thermodynamics of colliding nuclei.
In support of these goals, we are pursuing, or have recently pursued, the following research:
· The study of fusion enhancement/hindrance with neutron-rich radioactive projectiles (in reactions that are relevant for the synthesis of new heavy nuclei).
· The study of fusion enhancement with halo nuclei and other exotic nuclei.
· Determination of the survival probability of hot heavy nuclei.
· The study of the inverse fission of uranium
· The study of the fusion probability, PCN, in the synthesis of the heaviest nuclei.
· The study of fission neutron multiplicities in the fission of actinides.
· The atomic physics and chemistry of the heaviest elements.
· The production of nuclei far from stability.
· Actinide target preparation for other research groups
Last Update: September 9, 2007