Rhododendron Dora Amateis
- Broadleaf evergreen, low growing, 2-3 x 3-4 ft (ca. 0.7 x 1.0 m), dense foliage, bushy. Leaves medium to small, dark green with bronze tones, not flat, tend to be twisted near the tip. Flower, small, white, no blotch, but lightly spotted yellowish green, fragrant, 3-6 per cluster; many blooms.
- -15o F, early-mid, 4/4/4 [flower / plant & foliage / performance; scale 1 (poor) - 5 (best)]. Sun to part shade (Greer says best in full sun).
- From a cross of R. minus var. minus and R. ciliatum, by Edmond Amateis, registered in 1955.
- Corvallis: extreme southwest corner of Central Park.
- Oregon State Univ. campus: southeast area of the Memorial Union Quad.