Phillyrea latifolia Oleaceae
Mock Privet fil-LY-ree-uh lat-i-FO-le-a
- Broadleaf evergreen tree/shrub, to 30 ft (9 m) tall, similar width, rounded shape. Leaves opposite, simple, ovoid, to 6 cm long, margin toothed, dark green. Flowers greenish-white, not showy, fragrant, in clusters. Fruit blue-black, spherical, 6 mm.
- Sun to part shade (best). Moist soil.
- Hardy to USDA Zone 7 Native to the Mediterranean and southwest Asia.
- latifolia: broad or wide-leaved.
- Aurora, Oregon: Oregon State Univ., North Willamette Research and Extension Center.