The employees of the Laboratory Animal Resources Center are committed to working together in a positive, supportive manner to achieve and maintain an exemplary campus-wide animal care and use program. This includes:
- Assuring humane care and use of animals through outstanding husbandry, superb veterinary oversight and enriched and/or social housing environments;
- Making human and animal safety a priority;
- Facilitating research and instructional programs through collaboration, consultation, training and provision of professional technical and clinical services;
- Maintaining compliance with accreditation standards and applicable federal and state regulation;
- Upholding Oregon State University’s academic mission, the research agenda and commitment to public service.
“The best animal welfare results in the best science.”
Russell and Burch -1959