Health & Nutrition Programs
LIFE. Get good at it.
About Our Programs
In Klamath County we offer practical education for youth, seniors and low income families in the areas of nutrition, food preparation, food safety, physical activity, diabetes, and self management of chronic diseases. We empower individuals, families and the community to make healthy food and activity choices and create environments that support these behaviors. For every $1 invested in nutrition education, $3.60 is saved in future health care costs. Learn more about how we are making a difference to people in the Klamath Basin.
- Food Safety: Food recalls & preventing food borne illness.
- Stretching your Food Dollar $: Money Saving Tips, Food Resources, etc.
- Diabetes & other Chronic Health Conditions: Managing chronic disease.
- Feeding Your Kids: Encourage healthy eating habits with young kids.
- Chilhood Obesity Prevention: Building healthier families, schools and communities.
- Gardening for Nutrition: Growing food in Klamath.
- Contact us
www.ChooseMyPlate.gov - USDA's portal to nutrition information for consumers and professionals.
2010 Dietary Guidelines - USDA's most recent recommendations for healthy eating patterns.