Klamath Basin Research & Extension Center (KBREC) Mission: A trusted resource for research and education working cooperatively with the communities of Klamath County resulting in healthy people, economies and environments.
We've Moved! Come see us at our new address:6923 Washburn Way Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m..
- Grow and Preserve Your Own Food The series is starting April 24. Growing and preserving garden produce is a fun and satisfying experience but can present challenges in the high desert regions of Klamath County. Information will be presented by trained OSU volunteers (Master Gardeners and Master Food Preservers) along with Extension faculty.
The series starts with a class on Growing and Cooking Early Season Greens, Thursday, April 24 from 5:30-7:30 pm. Learn the Basics of Cheese Making, Tuesday, May 20, 3:00-5:30 pm. Nothing beats a home grown tomato, learn how to grow and preserve these garden favorites, Thursday, June 5 from 5:30-7:30 pm. Preserving Vegetables by Fermentation, Saturday, July 19 from 9:30-11:30 am. Extend your growing (and eating) season by planting fall vegetables and using your pressure canner and freezer, Thursday, August 7 from 5:30-7:30 pm. Cost for each class is $10.00 or $40.00 for all five.
- Outdoor Business Workshop for Landowners May 1, 2014 - This workshop will help landowners learn about generating supplemental income from their property. Morning presentations will allow you to ask questions and talk to legal experts about wildlife habitat specialists, local outdoor business owners, accountants, marketing specialists, and more. The afternoon held session will provide an opportunity for hands-on training about wildlife habitat management as experts provide tips and show you examples.
- Mastery of Aging Well This six-week online course provides personalized access to practical, research-based information for anyone interested in healthy aging.
- Click here for recent submissions to the Klamath County plant clinic.
- Extension Publications - The Oregon State University Extension Service produces educational materials to help people across Oregon. Their catalog contains more than 1,200 items including publications, books, videos, and other educational media.
- ScholarsArchive at Oregon State University > Extension & Experiment Station Communications - ScholarsArchive@OSU is Oregon State University's digital service for gathering, indexing, making available and storing the scholarly work of the Oregon State University community. It also includes materials from outside the institution in support of the university's land, sun, sea and space grant missions and other research interests.
- www.eXtension.org - Objective, research-based, and credible information you can use every day to improve your life. Brought to you by experts from the nation's largest and oldest network of universities.
- Grow Your Own Food and Preserve It For Later
- Klamath-Lake Counties Food Bank - (541) 882-1223