Klamath Basin Research & Extension Center (KBREC) Mission: A trusted resource for research and education working cooperatively with the communities of Klamath County resulting in healthy people, economies and environments.
- June 24 - 28 Junior Master Gardener Camp - Young gardener enthusiasts just completing grades two through six will spend five fun-filled days learning about the arts and science of gardening. Space is limited complete the application and return by June 7, 2013.
- July 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31 & August 1 - Fairview Friends Community Garden - Campers will learn how to grow and cook foods from the garden while having fun in an outdoor setting. Space is limited complete the application and return by July 12, 2013.
- The Master Gardener 2013 Spring Sale will be Saturday, June 8th. The Spring Sale will be held at the OSU Extension Office from 9 am to 4 pm. There will be soil testing, plants for sale, crafts and lots of fun. If you would like to be a vendor at this event complete the application and mail it to the OSU Extension Office.
- Starting in spring term 2013, a new program will give Klamath Community College graduates an opportunity to work toward an Oregon State University online bachelor's degree in agricultural sciences – and receive on-the-ground mentorship and support during their studies. Read more here!
- Mastery of Aging Well - This six-week online course provides personalized access to practical, research-based information for anyone interested in healthy aging.
- Click here for recent submissions to the Klamath County plant clinic.
- Extension Publications - The Oregon State University Extension Service produces educational materials to help people across Oregon. Their catalog contains more than 1,200 items including publications, books, videos, and other educational media.
- ScholarsArchive at Oregon State University > Extension & Experiment Station Communications - ScholarsArchive@OSU is Oregon State University's digital service for gathering, indexing, making available and storing the scholarly work of the Oregon State University community. It also includes materials from outside the institution in support of the university's land, sun, sea and space grant missions and other research interests.
- www.eXtension.org - Objective, research-based, and credible information you can use every day to improve your life. Brought to you by experts from the nation's largest and oldest network of universities.
- Grow Your Own Food and Preserve It For Later
- Klamath-Lake Counties Food Bank - (541) 882-1223