Attention Market Goat Project Members:
2017 Spring Weigh-In Date & Location: Tuesday, June 6 at Fairgrounds.
Schedule of Clubs: TBA
If for any reason , a member of your club is unable to attend your club's scheduled weigh-in, please contact the appropriate superindendent to make alternative arrangements.
What you need:
1. Market goat.
2. Scrapies tag (Animals WITHOUT Scrapies tag WILL NOT be weighed.)
3. Bill of Sale with date of birth signed by breeder.
5. Veternarian certification MUST be completed by a licensed veternarian in the state the animal was purchased.
6. $20 tage fee per member per species. (Please pay as a club. Clubs are responsible for payment for all members at spring weigh-in.)
Market Goats: Date of birth to be eligible for 2017 Klamath County Fair Must be on or after December 1, 2016.
Market Goats: NO weight requirement at Spring Weigh-in. All Market Goats must have a 10 lb rate of gain from spring weigh-in to fair weigh-in to be eligible for fair.
Basic requirements for sheep and goats entering Oregon are:
1. a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued less than 30 days prior to entry, and
2. an import permit issued by the Oregon Department of Agriculture, and
3. the statement on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection: "These animals have no known exposure to scrapie." Scrapie Individual Identification or Premise Identification numbers need to be listed on certificate.
Klamath County Rotary Club Youth Market Livestock Loan
The Youth Market Livestock Loan was established to promote youth livestock projects that may otherwise be financially restrictive. The purpose is to provide an interest-free loan to be used towards purchasing a market quality animal to raise as a project. Please visit the Rotary website for an application.