Cross-Cultural Mentoring Program
The OSU Cross-Cultural Mentoring program is designed to connect students with faculty/Staff from across campus, to create a support network, and to provide a cross-cultural educational experience. We are looking to recruit students, faculty and staff who are willing to participate in this wonderful opportunity. Participation would include attending training, a kick-off dinner and meeting regularly with a mentor/mentee throughout the year. There will also be professional development opportunities, check-ins, and fun events that mentors and mentees will be encouraged to participate in each term.
Web Site: CCMP Program
WORTHE (Women Returning to Higher Education)
The WORTHE program @ the Women’s Center is a 1st year experience program designed to support (new to OSU) undergraduate women, twenty five years & older in their academic success and preparation for professional careers.
Web Site: WORTHE @ the Women's Center
Academic Success Partners
The Academic Success Center (ASC) is located in 102 Waldo Hall and welcomes all students at Oregon State University. We are a student-centered, friendly place where students can come for assistance and to get questions answered. Our services include the following:
- Academic Coaching—well trained peer coaches can help students achieve academic success
- Academic Learning Services—ALS offers courses in support of student success (Academic Success, Career Decision Making) as well as orientation and skills development
- Peer Education Training—The ASC offers training for tutors, Supplemental Instruction leaders, and academic coaches
- Summer Bridge Experiences—The ASC is home to the BEST Summer Bridge Program for student athletes and to the September Scholars Bridge Program, which assists students in their transition to the university
- Supplemental Instruction—offers group tutoring/study table support in high-risk classes
- University Exploratory Studies Program—advising for students who have decided to explore majors
- Writing Center—provides writing support enabling students at all levels to function effectively, efficiently, and confidently in an academic environment
- Information and Referral—Just stop by with your questions or needs, and we’ll connect you to the right office!
Web Site: Academic Success Center
Educational Opportunities Program
The Educational Opportunities Program (EOP) provides a welcoming environment that supports the full development of the personal and academic potential of students who have traditionally been denied equal access to higher education.
The program was created at Oregon State University in 1969 and provides support to students of color, students with disabilities, students who are single parents, low-income students, students who have been rurally isolated, veterans, older-than-average (25+), or 1st generation in college (neither parent graduated).
Web Site: Educational Opportunities Program
Minorities in Agriculture Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANNRS)
The mission statement of the national MANRRS organization is: “Promoting academic and professional advancement by empowering minorities in agriculture, natural resources, and related sciences”. The OSU-MANRRS chapter takes part in this mission by supporting and enhancing diversity within our college and surrounding community. We provide mentoring and networking opportunities, connect students to available resources, conduct workshops for professional development to help students define and achieve their goals, provide community service opportunities to promote active citizenship, and support College of Agricultural Sciences (CAS) in meeting its diversity related goals.
Student Support Services
SSS is a federally-funded TRIO Program whose mission is to provide opportunities for academic development, assisting students with basic college requirements and overall help to eligible participants graduate with the grades and skills necessary for success at Oregon State University and beyond!
Web Site: Student Support Services
Student Leadership Partners
The Department of Student Leadership & Involvement supports students and student groups by providing opportunities for leadership development and campus community involvement.
Web Site: Student Leadership and Involvement