skip page navigationOregon State University
OSU HomeCalendarFind SomeoneMapsSite Index

Graduate School.


Looking for a place to live off-campus? The best place to start is the classified section of the city's newspaper, the Corvallis Gazette-Times or the apartment search tool There are plenty of rental properties within walking and biking distance of the university, including furnished and unfurnished apartments, studios, cottages, and houses. The Gem offers apartments, studios, and lofts to OSU graduate students, upper classmen and OSU faculty/ staff.

Before moving, it is a good idea to get in contact with a current student in your department. He or she might be able to give you some insider's tips on the neighborhoods around town or information about rooms opening up from students who have just completed their degrees.

Another option is to contact a local property management company. With large property listings at their disposal, they can send you information on places that fit your needs and budget.

Current bulletin board listings of a variety of rentals available in Corvallis and surrounding communities are located in the Memorial Union lower concourse and on the second floor of Kerr Administration Building. A copy of the "Renters' Guide" can be obtained upon request from Student Involvement, MU East, Corvallis, OR 97331.

On campus, University Housing & Dining Services (UHDS) offers a variety housing options, including 107 units of family housing located in Orchard Court. One, two, and three bedroom apartments are available with utilities included. Single graduate students, university students with dependent children, or students with a spouse or domestic partner are eligible for placement in Orchard Court. There is usually a waiting list, so interested students should apply early to UHDS for placement in Orchard Court.

Graduate teaching assistantships as Residence Hall and Cooperative House Directors are sometimes available for those with appropriate experience. There also may be opportunities as Resident Advisers in private living groups. Contact the Department of Student Housing or the Office of the Dean of Students for more information.