Emergency Ride Home
The City of Corvallis has partnered with participating local employers to administer an Emergency Ride Home program. The ERH allows users of alternative transportation to get a free taxi ride home if an emergency arises while they are at work. Alternative modes include a vanpool, carpool, bike, bus or walk. Rides are provided to the employee’s home, school site (if a child becomes ill) or emergency medical services location. OSU employees can use the program if:
- An immediate family member suffers an emergency and the employee can’t wait for their normal ride home.
- The employee becomes ill.
- A serious problem arises at the daycare center or school of an employee’s child.
- An employee’s home is damaged by fire, burglary, etc. Unscheduled overtime, authorized by a supervisor.
- An employee’s car/vanpool driver left work early due to illness or an emergency and the employee has no way to get home.
ERH cannot be used for:
- Prescheduled overtime or appointments
- Trips to the hospital in place of ambulance service
- Business-related trips
Employees must obtain a supervisor's signature authorizing the ride, but employees may have supervisors sign a limited number of vouchers in advance. OSU's Employee Transportation Coordinator can also authorize vouchers. Get the electronic ERH voucher here. Vouchers are also available at Transit & Parking Services, Transportation Services, MU Business Offices and Public Safety Office.
Use of the ERH program is limited to 3 uses per employee per 12 month period.