Request For Space Form - OSU
Request for Space
The development of the Space Allocation Model comes directly from OSU's Strategic Plan. Goal Three of the Implementation Plan states: "Develop a space allocation model based on the principle that space belongs to the University and shall be allocated based on the needs of this strategic plan and reflecting the diversity of our programs." Regarding the prioritization of space allocation, alignment with the university's strategic plan as articulated in each unit's strategic plan will be an overarching consideration. This strategic planning information should be provided on the Request for Space form. Complete the attached form with as much information about your space need as is known. Campus Operations will contact you once the form is completed and received.
For more information about OSU's space allocation model, please visit the University Space Committee web site at: http://oregonstate.edu/osusc/
Important Information before completing your Request for Space
It is the policy of Oregon State University to comply with Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), and other applicable federal and state regulations that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. The Rehabilitation Act and the ADA require that no qualified person shall, solely by reason of disability, be denied access to, participation in, or the benefits of, any program or activity operated by the University.
When requesting space for a program, service or activity , it is imperative that the accessibility features of the space be considered. This means that you must assess whether individuals with a variety of disabilities will be able to fully access and participate in the activities supported in the space you are requesting. The following list is designed to assist you in your thinking regarding accessibility; however, this is not a comprehensive list and should only be viewed as a first step in your assessment of the accessibility of your space.
- How will individuals access the space?
- Is the entrance to the building fully accessible? Is there a working elevator to that floor?
- Are there accessible rest rooms located nearby?
- Is the layout of the space designed with enough seating/space for wheelchair and/or scooter users?
For further information or assistance please contact the Office of Equity and Inclusion, http://oregonstate.edu/oei/
- If the request for space is approved the department will receive a space inventory control form to show the change in assignment, including building and room information, occupant information and should obtain all appropriate signatures. The form should be completed and sent to Campus Operations to update the space inventory and for distribution to affected parties. At that time, the Key Shop will be notified and the unit can pick up the keys to access the space.
- If the space request is denied, the department will be notified.
- For questions about moving, refer to http://oregonstate.edu/dept/facilities/moving.
- Contact Campus Operations, Real Estate and Space Management at 541-737-3014 with any questions about this form, or other space issues.