Oregon State University

606: Lost, Stolen or Destroyed Check

Payroll Policy and Procedure Manual
Section 600: Special Payment Situations
Effective: 01/01/2001
Revised: 2/11/2011

A replacement check may be issued when a payroll check has been lost, stolen, or destroyed. The employee must report to the Central Payroll Office to complete and sign a Lost Check Affidavit. For lost checks, there is a three day waiting period between date of  the original check's issuance and when the lost check affidavit may be filed with Central Payroll.  There is also a $10.00 fee to place a stop payment on the original check. It may take up to three additional business days before the replacement check is available.

Contact Info

Site Maintained by: Office of Human Resources
Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331
Contact us with your comments, questions and feedback
Copyright © 2009 Oregon State University | Disclaimer
Copyright ©  2014 Oregon State University