316: MWESB, Qualified Rehabilitation Facilities and Oregon Commission for the Blind
Procurement and Contract Services Policy & Procedures Manual
Section 300: Purchasing
316-001: Minority, Women, and Emerging Small Businesses (MWESB)Affirmative Action
OAR 580-061-0030 expands economic opportunities for Minority, Women and Emerging Small Businesses (MWESB) by offering them the contracting and subcontracting opportunities available through Institution Contracts. Notices of all Contracts over $25,000 procured through a Competitive Process will be provided to the Advocate for Minority, Women and Emerging Small Business through the Oregon University System Procurement Gateway.
OUS Equity Contracting and Purchasing Policy and Data Reporting Procedures http://www.ous.edu/sites/default/files/dept/capcon/files/MWESB-Policy.pdf requires that sufficient business opportunities be provided to MWESBs. In adherence with that policy PaCS must ensure sufficient solicitation efforts be utilized to provide such opportunities.
Each Institution submits an annual MWESB report that provides data pertaining to expenditures with MWESBs.
316-002: Qualified Rehabilitation Facilities (QRF)
Qualified Rehabilitation Facilities (QRF) are qualified nonprofit agencies whose purpose is to provide employment to individuals with disabilities. The following organizations support, represent or manage QRF’s as indicated below:
- Oregon Department of Administrative Services certifies organizations as QRF’s. For a listing of QRF’s go to the following website:http://dasapp.oregon.gov/qrf/index.aspx
- The State Procurement Office (SPO) manages the products and services of the disabled program.
- Oregon Rehabilitation Association (ORA) supports and represents QRF’s. For more information see ORA’s website at www.oregonrehabilitation.org.
OSU must comply with with ORS 279.835 to 279.855 and OAR 580-061-0025.
- Check to see if the goods or services required are listed in the DAS QRF Program Procurement List located at http://dasapp.oregon.gov/qrf/index.aspx.
- If the goods or services are listed, contact the QRF representative and discuss your specific requirements and timeframe. If they can meet those requirements and timeframe, work with your Business Center or PaCS to get a purchase order or Contract in place.
- If a source is not located on the DAS QRF Program Procurement List for your specific requirements, proceed as normal with the procurement.
316-003: Oregon Commission for the Blind
Under ORS 346.510 to 346.570 persons who are blind and who are licensed under the provisions of ORS 346.510 to 346.570 by the Commission for the Blind, shall operate vending facilities in or on any public buildings or properties where, in the discretion of the head of the department or agency in charge of maintenance of such buildings or properties, such vending facilities may properly and satisfactorily operate.
In order to be in compliance with the Statute, OSU must give the Commission for the Blind three types of notice:
- Periodic notice must be provided of all existing locations were vending facilities are operated or where vending facilities might be operated.
- Thirty (30) days notice prior to the reactivation, leasing, re-leasing, licensing or issuance of a permit for operating of any vending facility. Providing a copy of the solicitation that meets the time limit would satisfy this requirement.
- Thirty (30) days notice to any new locations where vending facilities might be operated before a lease or license to operate such a facility is entered into.